WordPress Themes 2021 - How to Choose the Right One For You.

 


Do you famine to set up your own website? Maybe you've stayed blogging with one of the free services such as blogger or WordPress.com, and are upset by the limitations. Maybe you want to be able to add video and things easily, and would love to be gifted to do it simply and easily. 

I was in this position - I'd annoyed lots of ways to set up a website on my own - paying a webmaster, learning Frontpage, setting up a blog. As a 50 year old woman with no computer training, it all looked to be very crushing to me. I spent a lot of money, and a lot of time trying to do simple things.

What transformed it for me was discovering WordPress.org. It's so easy to use!! There are plug-ins - most of them free - to do most things. All the things that were vast challenges for me, now seem really simple to do.

The first WordPress site I had, I paid someone to set it up for me, because even though it looked quite straight forward, I was still a bit overcome by it all! But, when I started to understand how much could be done, other than just blogging, I decided that I required to really learn how to do it myself. Luckily, I found a great site that clarified very easily some of the great things that you can do with the plug-ins, and how easy it is to get set up.

One of the key things is selecting your THEME. It's very easy to change a theme, so don't worry if you now have one and want to change it. You can retain all of your content and change the theme. Choosing a fastest wordpress themes that I could use easily has made a huge variance to me

The things that I have learnt to look for in a theme are:

1. How easy is it to change the header? This is main for me, because I don't know anything about graphics or Photoshop, so I want to be gifted to upload a header easily, without having to fiddle around with it.

2. Can you variation the colours for the background etc easily.

3. Is it easy to select which pages you have showing up in the menu bar?

4. Is the design of the pages flexible and easy to change?

Choosing a theme that has all of these features has made life so much cooler for me. The theme I chose was Flexx. It is a paid theme, but to me that was worth it - after having annoyed to make the changes I wanted to with free themes, the money looked well worth it.

You may need different things from a theme than I do. So ask yourself these questions before deciding which theme to use. Go to the Theme's site and see what the features are, whilst testing yourself these questions.

1. What are the main things that I want to be able to change simply with my theme?

2. How easy is it to modify the look and feel of this theme?

3. What special features does the theme have? - are they valuable to me, are the ones that I will want to use?

So have fun discovering all the themes which are out there -free and paid and decide which one will work best for you.

A good tip is to look at the footer of a site that you like- regularly it will tell you which theme is used, so you can find it for by hand and read up more about it.

For more great help and ideas around anything to do with WordPress take a look at

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

most popular wordpress theme - Premium Vs Free

What You Need To Know Before Purchasing A Latest WordPress Theme

WordPress Blogging Pointers to Help You Get Started